As you can already probably know, the untethered jailbreak for iOS 5.0.1 on both iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S is available, and many people think as long as they jailbreak their devices, it comes with an unlock for their iPhones. Unfortunately the news aren’t so pink.. at this time the only baseband that can be unlocked with Ultrasn0w is the 01.59.00 from the iPhone 4.
Yesterday, another SIM interposer, “TPSIM” has just been launched a clone of the Gevey SIM, which unlocks your iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S. TPSIM is actually a hardware piece (pretty same as Gevey SIM), which sits between the SIM card an iPhone’s baseband. By adding this little add-on, you will be able to unlock your iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S without jailbreak. It supports 3G, EDGE, MMS, and Facetime too, which is a rare thing at Gevey SIMs.
The producer released TPSIM at a retail price of $99.95, but they are providing a 15% ($85) discount for a limited time. TPSIM keeps your warranty intact, and there’s no need to dial 112 (after the first time initialization). The team behing it claims it will unlock ALL worldwide networks.
iPhone 4S Supported Basebands with TPSIM
- 1.0.11 iOS 5.0 (Build 9A334)
- 1.0.13 iOS 5.0.1 (Build 9A405)
- 1.0.14 iOS 5.0.1 (Build 9A406)
iPhone 4 Supported Basebands with TPSIM
- 01.59.00 iOS 4.0 (Build 8A293), iOS 4.0.1 (Build 8A306), iOS 4.0.2 (Build 8A400)
- 03.10.01 iOS 4.2.1 (Build 8C148)
- 02.10.04 iOS 4.1 (Build 8B117)
- 04.10.01 iOS 4.3 (Build 8F190), iOS 4.3 (Build 8F191), iOS 4.3.1 (Build 8G4), iOS 4.3.2 (Build 8H7), iOS 4.3.3 (Build 8J2), iOS 4.3.4 (Build 8K2) and iOS 4.3.5 (Build 8L1)
Bad news for those who are on baseband 04.11.08, the TPSIM will NOT unlock this baseband. Sherif Hashim, an infamous iPhone baseband hacker works hard to unlock baseband 02.10.04 / 04.11.08 iPhone 4, using the free Ultrasn0w.